What It is:
From Benefit, “It’s the FIRST EVER lash-hugging gel liner in a pen! This matte black gel formula won’t smudge, budge or dry out, and the innovative soft AccuFlex™ Tip hugs your lashline from corner to corner. The closer the line, the bigger the eye!”
What I Like:
- This liner is SUPER long-lasting – it doesn’t smudge and will last you all (12+ hrs) day!
- The applicator tip is very unique. Achieving the perfect cat eye is much easier with its angled shape and the way the gel formula twists up at an angle. It’s hard to describe, but such a nice winged result!
- The liner isn’t very wet or messy – you don’t get this product all over when applying.
- The twist-up applicator doesn’t waste a lot of product. I’ve seen a lot of complaints that the product won’t come out of the applicator or comes up in pieces, which didn’t happen for me.
- It’s easy to build up the intensity of your liner and make as skinny or bold as you’d like.
- It can also work as regular liner when you don’t want the cat eye effect.
What I Don’t Like:
- The liner formula and applicator aren’t very forgiving with mistakes since it’s so long lasting.
- While the gel formula is nice, sometimes it gets a bit clumpy and hard to work with on your eyelid. Although, I didn’t find this was the case every time I used the liner. It was more of sporadic problem. The application gets easier the more you work with the product.
- The formula doesn’t layer as nicely as I’d hoped – sometimes when going back over your liner to fix mistakes it removes the previous line you had.
- It’s a bit pricey at $24.
This liner has gotten a lot of negative feedback from the reviews I’ve read. While, this doesn’t beat my all-time favorite liner (Stila’s All Day Liquid Eyeliner), I do like it! If you love liner and experimenting with new products and formulas – I’d say this is a must have. If you’re not into the cat eye, I’d stay away from the push-up liner and use a simpler product. The design of the They’re Real Push-Up Liner is very unique and provides an easy cat eye application for beginners, especially if you struggle with this technique. What are your thoughts if you’d tried the liner?
Watch me open my July 2014 Birchbox! What did you get in your Birchbox this month if you’re a subscriber?
Kylie Jenner Lipstick: NYX Matte in Whipped Caviar
Join Birchbox: https://www.birchbox.com/invite/ss2rw
Tweet Me: https://twitter.com/weezy_wee
Follow Me on Instagram: http://instagram.com/weezy_wee
I was so blessed to get a gorgeous Rebecca Minkoff bag from my parents for my birthday! I’ve been eyeing the “Mini M.A.C.” style for awhile now and wanted to share my new handbag with all my readers. I’m always curious to see what handbags actually look like as website photos don’t usually get very detailed.
This handbag is the perfect classic, cross body style that I’ll wear forever! I love the authentic black leather that literally feels like BUTTER in my hands! All the features are so high-quality, especially all the gold detailing in the straps, stud accents, zippers, and closures. The bag has a bit of weight to it, which I like – you can tell it’s going to hold up and be very durable.
It’s just the right size for everyday wear and especially special night outs. While the bright colors are awesome, if you’re going to invest in a high quality bag like this – I’d choose a classic color and save bold colors for trendier pieces. Keep in mind this style is definitely not going to fulfill the needs of a large scale tote.
Overall, I’m extremely satisfied with my new Rebecca Minkoff and would definitely recommend the Mini M.A.C. if you’re unsure what style to get. The handbag comes with extra leather for the tassels if they get damaged and a cute, yet functional storage bag.
Rebecca Minkoff || Mini M.A.C. Handbag
I’m so excited for my first BeautyCon event in Los Angeles this August! I’ve never been to this convention before, and I can’t wait to see what it has in store. Have any of you been before or are you attending this year? I’d appreciate any tips :) I’ll be going with my good friend and fellow blogger, The Posh Pursuit.
Get your tickets before the sell out! http://www.beautycon.com/tickets/
I’ve been using this targeted tone corrector* from Aveeno Positively Radiant for about 2 weeks now, and think the product is great! The product claims to, “help reduce the look of stubborn dark spots, discolorations, and uneven tone to improve skin’s radiance in just 2 weeks. The concentrated formula combines clinically proven ACTIVE NATURALS® Total Soy Complex, one of nature’s most effective tone correctors, with vitamin A for faster results. It is oil free, noncomedogenic and nonirritating.”
I really don’t have sun spots – so I can’t speak to that but it’s definitely helped with any uneven skin tone I have. I really enjoy using this treatment after cleansing/toning, but before my moisturizer. It’s almost acted as a primer before my makeup application, making my skin appear more even and fill in my pores. I haven’t really noticed it helping my uneven skin tone in the long term, but it helps with the short term/day of. It just helps to make my skin appear a little more “perfect” – which who wouldn’t love?! It retails for about $15.
Disclaimer: Items marked with a * were either sent to me for consideration or given to me as gifts. Everything else was bought on my own!
Veet Launches Infini’Silk line
The new Veet Infini’Silk line is “the brand’s first Pulsed Light FDA-cleared permanent hair reduction devices” (DSN). Veet promises to replicate the same permanent results you see from salons in your own home. You’ll see smooth results in 4-5 treatments. The collection features 2 varieties (one is rechargeable and the other is not) ranging from $250-$300.
Maybelline Expands Portfolio with New Eye, Lip, and Face Products
- The Nudes Palette – 12 shades in both matte and shimmery varieties. *on my beauty wish list – have any of you tried this palette yet??*
- Dream Wonder Fluid Touch Foundation – a lightweight foundation that doesn’t appear cakey on the skin with a teardrop applicator.
- Eye Studio Color Tattoo 24HR Leathers Cream-Gel Shadow – these color tattoo eye shadows stay in place all day long, available in 5 shades: Chocolate Suede, Creamy Beige, Deep Forest, Dramatic Black, and Vintage Plus.
- Master Kajal Eyeliner – cone shaped tip applicator in a creamy formula, available in 4 shades: Charcoal Skies,Midnight Brown, Navy Night, and Onyx Rush.
- Baby Lips Crystals – these shimmery lip balms provide clinical moisture to lips as well for visibly renewed lips in about 1 week.
- Color Show Nail Lacquer Jewels and Veils – the nail polish formula contains over-sized gem particles for extra glitz.
Oral-B SmartSeries Toothbrush Now Available with Bluetooth
The toothbrush was released in the UK this year, and will be coming to the US in fall 2014. The toothbrush will work with the free Oral-B app on iOS with Android coming in August. The app and toothbrush work to create personalized brushing patterns and routines to maximize and improve your oral health care.
What vegetable is more perfect in the summertime than corn?! Growing up in Indiana, I’ve been eating corn on the cob during the summer for as long as I can remember. This recipe puts a fun twist on that concept in a seasonal, hearty, yet healthy soup. The recipe comes from the Lemonade cookbook (Los Angeles restaurant featuring Southern California comfort food), with my own special twist. It’s easy to do and makes for great leftovers!
Summer Corn Chowder
Here’s what you’ll need:
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 white onion, diced
- 4 celery stalks, halved lengthwise and chopped
- 2-4 garlic cloves, chopped (depending on your preference and clove size)
- 1 tsp coarse pink salt (available at Trader Joe’s or you can substitute another coarse variety like Sea Salt)
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground, coarse black pepper
- 2 tsp chopped fresh thyme leaves
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- 2 tbsp all-purpose flour
- About 48oz fat free vegetable broth (1.5 quarts)
- 1 Idaho potato, peeled and diced
- 5 ears fresh corn, peeled and kernels cut from cob
- 2 cups half and half
- Chopped green onions for garnish
Note: tbsp = tablespoon and tsp = teaspoon
Here’s all how you make it:
- Coat a large soup pot with the olive oil and put over medium heat. When the oil is hot, add the onion, celery, and garlic. Cook and stir until the veggies begin to soften (about 10 minutes).
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Stir in the thyme, cayenne, and flour. Cook and stir for about 2 minutes to incorporate the flour, breaking any clumps.
- Pour in the broth, increase the head to medium-high, and bring to boil.
- Add the potatoes and simmer until tender (about 15 minutes), stirring occassionally.
- Reduce the heat to medium-low, add the corn and half and half. Gently simmer until the soap is has thickened slightly, about 5-10 minutes. Garnish with the green onions.